Saturday, October 24, 2009

Father's Love


Reading "Father's Secrets," an article, I was reminded of my own father, who was with HMT as a general manager.

He is one amazing person in my life.
He being a BE graduate, washes his clothes, does gardening, and showers unconditional love and affection to his family memebers.

We talk about "maa ki mamta" (maternal love) and tend to forget about fathers.

Ma dad spent his time and money without consulting his wife for his family. He forgot that there was a life for himself in the process. Now i want to make sure i keep him happy and give him all the luxuries he had when he was a manager. I want to see him like a KING... always..

He loves and supports me as i encounter my life but he did not spare me from life's lessons.
He did not interfere with my right to grow, to make mistakes and learn from them. He supports my right to autonomy. He can never become impatient with me and never diminished ma achievements. He taught me beauty is secondary to character and self respect and experiencing meaning in life. He helped me build my character, understand responsibilities and assited me in finding solutions to problems. He encouraged me to take risks , new challenges, overcome obstacles and deal with real world.

Every morning he gets up at 6 to leave me to the bus stop. That one glass of water he gives, is enough for me to survive the whole day. Once we are set to leave to the bus stop, he gives those handful of badams with so much love my goodnes.. i am fortunate enough to get a dad like him.
And as he waves me good bye he says to himself " Although you will always be " my little girl", I will respect you as a woman in the years to come".

After ma office, on the way back home, i just text him saying am close by and he comes and waits for me. I know i should not be doing this with him but i am helpless.. how i wish ma company listens to me some day and extends the cab route till ma home. And once he sees me he feels as if his day is complete and that makes mine too.. And we share a "dairy milk fruit n nut" chocolate and honestly its not the chocolate but the moment which is sweet.

He is ma only biggest asset! He ROCKS!!! And there is so much to learn from him.

Here i take my OATH to keep my dad happy and cheerful,

* I will love you dad, unconditionally today and the days to come.

Love ya DAD!