Thursday, December 6, 2012

The day.....

It is THAT time of the year when you sob over unsettled resolutions( like how I tell myself I should stop all the pigging out sessions,how I should eat more veggies, how I should be more polite to others and always say -thank you-, how I should always be confident in what I do, when you light up that 1 extra candle on your cake and half hoping that with each moment that may come your way, you will gain  more wisdom, not wrinkles.
It is THAT time for me now, to say goodbye to that old Me, and welcome the new me.
No kidding!

Now that I have fully recovered from what turned out to be a fabulous birthday ever, I decided to take a moment to express my little tribute to all the lovely wonderful people who made me feel so special.

It's gonna be a long one but I promise it's well worth it.

I have always been someone who feels like celebrating my birthday well. There are obvious reasons behind it, the reasons are carved deep down inside me. Since childhood, my birthdays have always been exciting. Mainly because you get to wear new clothes and look special among the rest of your friends with their boring uniforms. :) 

December 2nd , Kushi Utsav, Sunday:

Kushi Utsav , annual day celebrations of mentally challenged kids. I put on my new white top, which I forgot to mention was my first birthday gift from my dear friend, Rajeev. Thanks a ton Rajeev. Continue to be the wonderful person you have always been.

 I took my sister and brother along for a change. Had to reach the place a bit early, to help my friends decorate the stage. While doing so, as I watched the lovely kids walk slowly, holding their care-takers hands gently, as I watched them deck-up, as I watched them doing things which people thought they were unable to, I surrendered myself. I bowed down before them for all the struggle and all the pain they are going through. As they still smiled to glory, I had forgotten that there is something else about the sky that I had meant to check out, so I looked to that. The gamut of emotions over the years which their parents go through, phew... take a bow. Hats off!!

It was the singing and dancing that kept me watching. I could also see the crowd was equally impressed by their energy, which I could read from their dampened eyes.

Sister and brother wanted to leave early so I went to bid good-bye to my friends. They stormed towards me, held ma arm and told don't go the event will be over in a while. In this gap, they have communicated the same to my sister and brother. They stopped talking about going home. I continued tapping my toes watching the kids dance. After the event was over, all the volunteers including HI friends, my brother danced,
Dance - It's the rhythm of life. It's the expression in time and movement, in happiness, joy, sadness and envy. 

As I turned to move towards the exit, a screaam---- "Happy birthdayyy Poornimaaaa!!!". I turned back to see all those lovely people of my life, trying to catch a BIG, BROAD SMILE - a beam!!!  I stormed towards the stage where the pastry was kept. Slowly they slid the COLLAGE and the small slam-book - my birthday present. They had lovely pictures which were carefully selected and were perfectly placed. They say HAPPINESS lies for those who CRY. I guess I took this quote quite too seriously. Poornima cried. I was so unbelievably happy.


I cry, or at least my eyes fill with tears at the surge of just about any minute emotion. Like for example, I cry of happiness over delicious food :P 



It was time for cake cutting. OKAY, before we continue ,let me have one HUGE slice of my birthday cake.
TOAST PEOPLE!!!!  Yum yum yum.


I cut the cake amidst so many lovely people before me, talking to a special wonderful friend Pavitra over phone :) Miss you sweetheart :)




 Here's the collage - a joy so thrilling. 

Once again, I had to tell good-bye. Slowly my darling friend Prarthana handed over the present and whispered open it on december 5th which was my actual birthday. Prarthanaa, I did open it on december 5th.

I would like to thank all my friends here, Prarthana, Roopa, Emal, Bhavna, Anamika, Ramya, Pavitra Puttur, Pavitra Shivanna, Geeta mam, Mamatha, Amitesh, Sayeesha, Rajib, Sankar, Sudhir, Raghavendra, and Ravi Valdiya. I loved it guys :)  You guys are all just TERRIFIC!

Back home, I slept looking at my collage. (Usually I sleep looking at the radium stars - Sudhir? remember?). I woke up looking at it. I dint wanted to waste the little time while brushing teeth, yeah, I was looking at it then as well. :P

5th December - the day!
Let's face it. There are some things that we hold to be true within the natural community that are just kind of bunk. Not sure what I am talking ...

Exactly at 12:00, started getting calls on my phone. I missed the initial couple of calls intentionally cause I wanted someone to wish me first. duuuuuh!! :P

Got a lovely messages from Prarthana, Pavan, Sachin Shet, Anil Kumar, Vipin, Roopa, Giri, Ajith, Emal, Anamika, Sanjay, Pavitra. 

Slept at 2:30 with a lot of content :) I was happy.

Wore my new blue color salwar :) That was my lovely sister's present for my birthday. She is my mirror, shining back at me with a world of possibilities. She is my witness, who sees me at my worst and best, and loves me anyway. She is someone who knows when I am smiling, even in the dark. Love you :) Thank you :)

My loving mother had forgotten my birthday. How could she remember amidst all the things she does to keep us happy. For the pain I give, for all the naughtiness I've made craziness you've received, You're always there to forgive, You are so loving :) Mother, I love you :)

Cut the cake at home, took blessings from brother-in-law and sister. Headed to office.
At office, all my colleagues wished me, even the security guard, the rest room care-taker, and the parking guard. Went out for lunch - Thulp and cut the cake at office. Thankyou Pavan, Sowbhagya, Rita, Tejas, Panda, Guruji, Umesha, Shashi, Vivek, Uday, Suganya, Binoj for the wishes. Thanks Anupam for finishing the sweets without wishing me :):P

A colleague comes up to me and says - " You celebrate everybody's birthday at work, take this 500 rupees. Get a pastry of your choice and we will cut it.!" Thanks GuruPrasad.
No, I dint ask them to, REALLY!


Got a unnamed present , like earlier white shirt, from MYNTRA. I found out who sent it. I am SMART. Thanks Giri for it :) Loved it :)

Got flowers - pink ones, and a chocolate box from this sweet friend of mine :) Thanks Errol for the lovely message and flowers. Felt very special :) 
Got lovely wishes from people who called me through-out the day.
Thankyou Michele, Sweta, Raghavendra, Sudhir, Dodma, Antony sir - my driving school instructor, Sushma, Aunty, Amit and many more.

And not to forget the lovely posters from Krishna Boorugu :) Thanks a lot Krishna.
 
One of my best friends - Ajith Kumar - told me he has sent a gift through one of his friends. He says - "Please go and collect it, he is very busy". I fled from office thinking I will collect and come back to work since the place was very close by. As I waited at the destined place, tadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! for my surprise, my friend, Ajith, was there. It was so sweet of him to come down to Bangalore all the way from Chennai. He gave me a beautiful jacket, swiss chocolates, bracelet and a cute kiwi key bunch. Its his very presence which was special. Thanks pa :)

My little brother, Prabhu raju, called me in the evening. I said "Dont talk to me!". He said " Akka, I had internals, so couldn't call morning". My loving little brother, he is the apple of my eye and I hate him!!! :)

Came back to office and left home.
My darling Pavitra - she stole my little little heart :) Called me held a conference, Jatin and her Mom. Very sweet lady. She made my day with their wishes. How can I forget Shannu and his wishes.

As I reached home, it was my darling dad who presented me with a leather wallet and silver ear-rings. Its the warm hug and love you which means everything to me. Love you dad :)
Some spaces were still empty. A call and endless talking could partially fill the spaces. 

A sweet gesture - from a very special friend to end the day with - I wished the world ended then. :)

It was important for me to express myself and it was of equal importance to know that you all were listening.
This blog saved me in so many ways.


I am blessed to have you all in my life :) Thanks for being there :) And thanks for everything.


3 comments:

Prarthana Unkalkar Kaul said...

Lots of luv girl:) And a tight hug:)Keep smiling always and always:)

HBK said...

Be happy always pa :) Love u tons!!! :)

Ashima said...

Wow! What a celebration! :) Belated birthday wishes and wish every year is an exciting as this one :)

Love
Ashima