Wednesday, July 31, 2013

My grandma's treasure box

Of-late, I have been feeling like a fish caught in a treacherous net caused by large impact events, such as, the asteroid that may have led to the end of dinosaurs.
But then, I decided to take time-out today and relax a little and let my tired soul rejuvenate. 


I thought of my cheerful Grand mother.

She was a winner everyday, a person who smiled the most. The rewards she earned lasted long. The people who encountered her won't be able to help but smile back. She was a voice of energy, encouragement, inspiration and hope. She always lifted my soul towards right path. She showed me new ways of giving and best ways of living.



I opened THE tiny treasure box (toy suit-case) which she had given me. The treasure box - I am crazed, fascinated and joyful of the treasure that lie in it. It opened to me, the World I lived with her. Sigh! It had a collection of old 5paise, 10paise and 20paise coins. Holding them in my hands today, I could feel her rough fingers, which handed these coins into my tiny arms decades ago. Time, how restlessly it speeds. These are the things which matter the most to me whether in the day or in the night. Into this tiny treasure box of mine, I have placed my precious heart and the rest I have filled with the beautiful memories I have had with her.
Dear beloved Grandma,
Give me the strength to continue my journey, to be joyous in my life and create memories for those remaining. You are the greatest treasure truly from the heavens above, made of selfless love. You always inspire me in every single thing I do, as trivial as the breath I breathe.

My heart is still weeping knowing there is no returning.

-Your loving grand daughter.


2 comments:

Ashima said...

Hey Poornima!

I just nominated you for the Liebster Award. It’s a great way for newer blogs to gain new followers, and a way to discover new blogs. If you’d like to participate, please visit my post that includes my nominations and the guidelines on how to join in!

http://limenlemony.wordpress.com/2013/09/14/of-awards-and-recognition/ :)

Cheers!
Ashima

Chulbuli Pooh said...

Thanks a lot Ashima :)