Sunday, July 21, 2013

till our next embrace...farewell my friend.

Heavy rains lashed Bangalore on Friday, 19th of July 2013.
There was a heavy storm lashing inside my heart too. You were leaving.

Now that you are  gone...

The cinema halls we had been to, played sad movies,
The restaurants we dined, served dull food,( not pleasant spicy )
The sea gushed out with pain,
The empty road bore a dead sight,
The ice-cream parlors melted away in sadness,
The sky seemed empty and lifeless,
The moon hid behind the clouds unable to see the parting,
The stars stopped twinkling,
The cigarettes burnt away themselves,
The Sun forgot to shine and
The empty beer glasses shed a tear.

Miss your strong arms around me, your words of comfort, your company. You always made me the person who I wanted to be instead of the person I am.
My failing heart cries with pain and end up in a faded mouth that cannot smile and may not laugh again.
Now that we part, all I am left with is a dairy milk wrapper, a five-star, a match box, some sea shells, photos, movie tickets, couple of tooth-picks, a jacket, parking coupons, coins, bills, a t-shirt and loads and loads of memories between us, the tears and laughters we shared, which will stay with me forever.
I just dint think that someone like you would hang out with someone like me.
But its unfair to have you so far now...

I say with pleasure and pain, with tears of joy and sorrow,
Farewell my friend.
Let sunshine and shower be with you.
I love everything about you because it is YOU!
I always have and I always will :)

No comments: