Tuesday, July 10, 2012

My encounter with a "BA,MSW,Mphil,LLB,PGDHRM,(Phd)

24th Jan 2010, "the" Sunday when I was all getting bored. Decided to get myself out somewhere and keep me busy.

Tadaaang!! and an idea traveled through my nerves and flashed . I ran down to my dad who was about to leave to the "Sai ashram" to participate in a medical camp organized in there. I told him "Dad gimmi fifteen mins I shall be right besides u in the car". As usual he was pleased to have me with him.

We set off in our own-not stolen, fiat UNO with no special facilities within it and yeah not to forget, the old radio which cost ma dad 300 bucks!

As the breeze kissed me and the music danced into ma ears , my nose could sniff the tire getting burnt. All thanks to the mechanic Shivu , and to the airport road , which made dad drive so fast resulting in the fuming tire.

Somehow managed to chill it down which took us ten to fifteen minutes and reached. We reached the destination way ahead of the actual expected time.

It was a medical camp. You find these grown-up infants - aged, with their pink colored medical cards loitering around for their turn for the free check-up. It gives me immense pleasure to be of some help to them. Hold them, guide them, share their meal and sometimes even rest under the tree and talk about their times.

I look at them and wonder, these were the lovely people who struggled so much for their families to bring-up their kids and may be even grand children. They would have skipped a meal to feed their kids and now- for what so reason ever, you find them alone and helpless. Its a cruel world out there. Meanwhile, a guy walks straight up to you and goes "Are you Munirajaiaj's - my dad! daughter?". He continues after my nod,I nod a lot!,
"You seem to be very active. Have you come here to help the old!?". Oh no I am here to sell tickets for a movie in black!! I told him "Yes!".
Then he goes....." He is something and he is doing something and he will do something. He is from this caste and he is in his 28th year". Trust me I was least interested. He continues " I am from a higher caste than yours but still I would like to know you more and if everything goes fine, I would talk to your father and discuss about our wedding!"

"WEDDING!!!" wait a minute don't I stand any chance to talk here?! Of-course I had better things to do. I looked as not interested as possible and finally he forced his visiting-card in ma hands and moved on.
It read--- Vijay Kumar - BA,MSW,Mphil,LLB,PGDHRM,(Phd) and yeah with all this he is still in his 28th year. I believed.

Ended the journey with a fruity bliss in cafe-day. I still wonder caste makes such a huge impact even these days! Why do men always sound as if they are throwing mercy at women by getting married to them? Why do they not consider womens' choices and treat them slaves? Won't they have their interests, their choices, their wishes and their life?!

Won't things change?! Ever..? Ever!!!!



No comments: