Thursday, July 12, 2012

puff puff puff!

Completely in a bloggy mood today. Even if am not, I will make it so now.

...a cross between full-witted fish and a pneumonia germ a gosh-awful pill with side whiskers is a friend of mine. I hate him. Totally. Surprised by the way I am starting? Read on..


He is a chain-smoker.
So how is this idea of telling you folks about an age old fantasy of mine and the way I fulfilled.Sounds good?
See, I just made it interactive and all for you.

If I remember correctly.. it must be June 2002 when I was just into my pre-university studies with few filthy weird fantasies blossoming...

One of them was to smoke!!!

It remained so, till I started to work. I had gathered enough courage now. Indeed it would get kind of serious at the end.

Wipro was my work-place then. Good food, good friends and good transport. About work? I don't remember doing any.
Amjad bhai! He was our bus- "1D"'s driver. I would prefer calling him a pilot. True. He was flying the bus.Literally. In truth, probably it was nothing compared to a set of drivers on road these days.

 Amjad was a nice chap. I was the first one to be picked , which used to be at 6:40 in the morning. It makes it practically impossible for me to get ready by then- though I would need just half of an hour to. Let us not get into details and all now. So, I was usually, not always, late. It used to just cost me a call and he , poor chap, used to wait for me. There were few mean people in the same bus. May be they would not really mean to be mean. They used to raise their voices and complain about the driver, that he is always late. Did I mention I was not always late?! But still there he was, Amjad bhai! Waiting for me the next day morning. Its incredible to know that talking to people affectionately can make such a big difference. I have attended his wedding - not gate-crashed and have conveyed my best wishes to the couple. And also had the delicious "chicken biryani" once, squatting down with his sister and their family. Feels good.

He used to smoke occasionally when nobody else is in the bus except me. He would take permission before doing so.
"Madam!! Cigaratte ?!!"
Once while doing so, he casually asked me, "Madam!? Aaap bhi kijiye!" giggle .
I replied him "thik hey bhai!" - alright.
He was utterly surprised and shocked to the bones. Then I explained,
"Bhai, Kabhi nahin kiya.. aaj try karungi. Sikhaayenge kyan?!" (Good heavens! He understood my hindi which meant - haven't done anytime before but would like to try now. Will you teach me?!)

He just responded with a stare back. He quickly tucked 5 rupees in his assistance's hands and asked him "Ek Kings leke aao!"
The boy flashed on and off in a minute with a cigarette in his hands. Booy! he was fast.
The moment was there.
I held the cigarette between my lips, wrong direction, for the first time. Amjad bhai corrected it. It then refused to light. Then I was asked to inhale to light it. It was obvious, I did not know. Yeah, we learn from experiences.
The cigarette was lit and was ready to do its job. 
So, for the first time when I left the smoke in the air , was my latest 'proud moment'! I could get it right probably, the third time. I then stopped! Its not fun. Trust me.
I seriously wonder why would people smoke?! For what joy?! There is absolutely nothing, nothing in it. It damages their health. I thought all these while that people smoke because it tastes like chicken :D

Got off the bus and told Amjad bhai "Shhh! Its our little secret!". He told me " Papa will catch you have this mint!". I snubbed him.

So there was my darling dad waiting for me with music on and closed eyes. When I opened the door, he suddenly wakes up. I settle down inside the car and am busy looking for my cell-phone and dad goes "Which brand?!" and yeah I tell him "eh?? Kings!!Dad!". Hell No!

And then there was silence silence and silence. Boy! I don't like silence.

what happened to me after that?!
Obviously my dad would not have said - "very nice and well done -- cool".
It took nearly 2 months for my nails to grow back. Two months!






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

not something to be appreciated but liked the way u put it up :) good keep it up :)