Friday, July 6, 2012

those awkward moments....

Going to malls these days has become a very common thing . Its like getting to the milk booth to get a packet of milk.Some of us would straight-away walk into the rest-room- I bet they are meeting someone special or have had a bad meal. Some of us walk loiter, wander do time-pass. And most of us walk towards the elevators.We will have 3-4 elevators dancing up and down between the floors. Some of us would want to head down or up. Say you are waiting to go up. I personally always wait right in-front of the lift as I am scared of getting crushed by people rushing to get into the lift. A lift comes-- beeep-- and the guard screams "going dooown! going dowwn". I tell him okie I am blind and I cannot see the direction glowing down. I ignore. But there would be some set of people! born in 7 months types. They will feel bad the whole day if they wasted a minute waiting for the lift I guess. They would press the button before the lift heads down. And the door opens again on your face, with so many pairs eyes looking at you.You wouldn't want to read those reactions. Trust me. You badly wished you weren't there that moment. And that's what I call an awkward moment. So awkward, you cannot imagine.

Such moments happen constantly to all of us.

Dieting is a very constantly changing habit. You change it based on the circumstances and the food. I personally can cut my tongue for sweets. Yeah I am on diet. Firmly now! Not really... Sweets are very attached to me. They pull me towards them. You go home tired and mom says " Chikappa - uncle, had come. He got you some rasgullas. Its inside fridge!". You ignore her and say "Amma, I don't want sweets!". My mom faints! She is still recovering. So I hit the bed eventually. I turn left, I turn right, I turn around, I roll. I am not getting sleep. I dream about rasgullas. They are walking, talking and laughing. I couldn't control. "Chuck diet man!", I told myself. Time - 2:30 in the morning. You walk slowly towards the fridge. Stuff the delicious, chilled rasgullas into you mouth and exclaim, "Heaven!". I generally close my eyes if I am enjoying something. Bad minds! Its not what you are thinking. I open my eyes. "Mooom!You are up so early?". How would it feel when you are caught by your mom stealing rasgullas in the night which she had sweetly offered and I had rudely ignored. Awkward!

I like playing with kids. I feel kids should be let to play. They can become Einsteins and Bill Gates later in their life. I visit govt schools during my free time and help the kids play slide, see-saw, swing and etc etc. I enjoy sliding kids away in the slide and also myself :P That awkward moment when you get caught playing slide yourself.

Ooops!!!

That awkward moment ...
when you burn your brother-in-laws shirt while pressing,
when you break something in a gift shop and get caught,
when you drop the coke on the way to your table in a KFC,
when you are caught yawing while your friend is sharing her sad break-up news,
when you pinch a cute girl on road and she starts crying,
when you run to catch a bus and the bus leaves when you are almost there and continue to walk slowly till the next bus stop,
when you fight vigorously with your friend to pay the bill and realize you do not have cash,
when you reveal a secret to a friend of yours who had himsef/herself revealed it to you with a warning note "Promise me you won't tell anybody!!"
awkward awkward very awkward.

The father of all the awkward moments is when you are in a cousins wedding, having a blast! An old relative of yours- you wouldn't even remember seeing her. She walks up to you, grabs your chin, tickels your bone and goes "Next is you!! ha ha ha!" She and her cunning smile. Feels like holding her chin, tickling her bone and telling "Next is you!! ha ha ha!" in the next funeral I attend.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Agree on all the points and had experienced it all @ some point :)