Thursday, July 5, 2012

My Police Watch!

"The watch looks sexy but its little big on you".
"Chennagilla! (not good). Give it to brother"!- my sister. A stare back which read " We dint have a watch during our college days. And he needs a police watch?" My brother also read and understood my reaction.

These were the few initial responses I got for my new Police watch- which was a gift :)

I am a brand conscious person- till its worth and its affordable. That doesn't make me not a quality conscious and not a price conscious and not a practical person also. Talking about being practical reminds of an incident which I cannot resist sharing.

Kitchen to me is an un-fairy land. Never wish to end up there. There was this one time when my mom asked me "Shamu ( that's what she calls me. Not my mistake if I am dark ) ! We would need a frying pan for breakfast. ". I looked at her and casually replied " That is indigestible amma! ". She gave me a dirty look and asked me not to be an ass all the time. Come on that's not my problem people always urged me to think practical.

Okie we were talking about my POLICE watch. Its a beautiful digital watch, white-strap, and four cute little knobs around the case and importantly its a gift :)
Have a look!



That night I slept with this watch in ma hands. I was excited.
The next day I wore it. I made sure it was visible to everybody on road. I thought my friends would like it and I could proudly talk about it. I was right- in a way.  Correction would be, they did not like it. But we still talked about it. Ask me how?!



They asked me "why have you wrapped a wall-clock around your wrist.?" I ignored.
They said its a missile launcher, its a GPS device, its an helipad, it has an in-built fault detector, in-built lazer beam. I ignored.
One of my colleagues goes " Hey ( to a colleague of mine who sits opposite to me at my work place ) When you want to know the time, you can just relax, stretch and peep into Poornima's watch". I ignored.
One of my friends goes- " If her watch stops working, all the ships will sink , air-crafts crash and satellites stop working!". I believe all these are getting data from my watch. mammmaaaa :(
They could even find a pepper spray in-built in my watch. Heights!
One of my friends' uncles says - "You can keep all your make-up kit inside this watch!". Forget the watch, uncle! I don't deck up so much :( 

I was furious. I was angry. I was tired of being a jack-ass.
I decided I will do something about it.

Next day morning, I was off to my work. She looked at me palely with open arms she said "Pick me up!". There was a close-up shot and a cut!

I did do something about it. I continued to ignore. :)  And I continued to wear the watch!
And yeah my watch doesn't do all that. It shows time and date. It can also set an alarm.










No comments: